Forbes Magazine for the second straight year ranked Ann Arbor as the top College Sports Town in the USA. Ann Arbor’s top rating was based on numerous advantages that Ann Arbor had over other sports towns including:
- Michigan’s ranking as 5th in the Learfield Athletic Director’s Cup which measures the performance of all of the university sports, not just the traditional power house programs of football and basketball.
- The top quality of the local public schools.
- The low crime rate
- The diversity and quality of dining and night life as well as museums, and local symphony, drama, and ballet.
- The enthusiasm and loyalty of the fan base and alumni of the University of Michigan
- The affordability of housing was also cited in the article.
The Lamp Post Inn, an Ann Arbor hotel, is proud to be a part of Ann Arbor community. We are located less than 2 miles from all University of Michigan sports stadiums , as well as less than 2 miles from the downtown area including all of the museums and entertainment venues.