The Ann Arbor Community of Traditional Music and Dance is hosting it’s annual Dawn Dance Weekend this February 21st through the 23rd. The Dawn Dance Weekend offers a weekend full of live music, traditional dancing and workshops. Whether your an expert swing dancer or just a novice at the contra there is no doubt that this annual event will be a highlight of your year.
Scheduled performers are as follows:
- Hotpoint Stringband
- Gaye Fifer
- Earl Gaddis with Childgrove
- Gene Murrow
- and other delightful local ensembles
Additional Programming Highlights
- Friday Night Swing with Alex Belhaj, and late night Swing/Fusion
- Saturday Late Night Contra
- Early Renaisance Band workshop with Gene Murrow
- Dan Blim, Bev Bernbaum calling English and contra workshops
- Other great musicians: Brad Batty, Susie Lorand, Susan Lazar, Nadine Dyskant
The Dawn Dance Weekend will be held at Clague Middle School, 2616 Nixon Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105.
The Lamp Post Inn is offering discounted rates for attendees of this event. We are located just five miles away from Clague Middle School and only ten minutes from downtown Ann Arbor. Just enter promo code: AACTMAD when booking your stay.